TIMELESS TUNES
Blog about groovy fleamarket finds from Finland.

keskiviikko 10. kesäkuuta 2009

Here we go.

The idea of this blog is simple.

I've been collecting records for seven years. As I started digging I had a feeling that finnish fleamarkets are dry what it comes to old groovy records. I knew that recordjunkies in 1990's bought massive amounts of good and sometimes even rare/valuable records from fleamarkets.

Thus my expectations were not that high. But little by little I started finding some interesting records. This blog will act as sort of a diary or memoir about my trips to fleamarkets. I want to share good "forgotten" music with you and show that even the most obscure looking lp's might just have one killer groove in them.

Genres that I'm after when I hit the crates are soul, funk, disco, boogie, easylistening, 60-70's pop and so on; everything with good rhythm and groove.

I'm not going to post full albums because ripping them would be nightmare. I just pick one or two personal favourites and hope you'll like them.

Tunes will be up soon, when I get the player working properly.

Thanks for my man mizako for technical and photographical support.

Tabas

1 kommentti:

  1. Keep up the good work. Hienoa, jos joku tällaista jaksaa tehdä ja päivitellä. Ei taida olla vaan levyjen kaivelu enää kovin suosittua Suomessa verrattuna aikoihin esim. 5-6 vuotta sitten.

    Silti vieläkin voi tehdä ihan mukavia löytöjä, kun tietää mitä hakee ja pitää silmät auki. Esim. kirjoittajan Mr. Tabaksen hoodeilta länsi-keskuksen tms. kirpparilta tuli viikko sitten darrassa poisteltua melkein 30 levyä huokeaan hintaan ja euron Spinnersejä sun muita peruslevyjä jäi vielä vaikka kuinka paljon.

    VastaaPoista